Slow and steady seems to be the thought when it comes to weight loss that lasts. Lose weight steadily while you develop healthier habits and you’re more likely to sustain it.
Except that’s not very motivating.
My clients would come back to me and say they felt discouraged by this slow weight loss and had slipped back into their old ways. When their weight loss happened more quickly, they remained motivated to continue on and lose more weight.
But please don’t starve yourself, you’ll be cranky tired and more likely to binge.
Get results quickly, but safely. Here are 10 ways to do that.
- Go gluten free. Gluten free diets reduce inflammation and insulin resistance, two things I see chronically in my clients. An elimination diet where you remove some of the most commonly known inflammatory foods is even better. My clients lose up to 15lbs in a month when they do this.
- Double up your protein shakes. Fast, easy convenient and inexpensive are huge incentives for drinking a shake. Breakfast is the ideal time, but add one at lunch and it can accelerate fat loss. I show my clients just how to make a healthy fat blasting shake.
- Curb fruit. Yes fruit is healthy, but too much can stall your weight loss.
- Instead of the starchy carbohydrates, add another green vegetable. Leafy and cruciferous veggies give you way more fiber are packed with nutrients and have way fewer calories.
- Up your water intake. Aim for half your body weight in ounces of water.
- Increase your fiber, gradually. Balances blood sugar and curbs hunger.
- Use this appetite curbing trick. 30-60 minutes before a meal add a fiber supplement to a glass of water and drink.
- Get 7-9 Hours of sleep. I am the sleep master and have lots of tips for this. I sleep soundly almost every night.
- Do burst exercise instead of slow and steady. This means tabatta style work instead of running at a certain pace. I have MANY ideas on this one for you.
- De-stress! Ok, I know this is a hard one. There are many ways, deep breathing, meditating, yoga, fun with friends, a hot bath and a good book. Just pick a strategy and implement it.
Which of these 10 strategies can you try today? Let me know if any of these were helpful for you, and if you need more support in putting these into practice, send me an email. I’d love to support you.